Last updated on July 17th, 2018
Creative visualization is the use of the power of imagination to create mental imagery and affirmations in order to program your subconscious mind for healing, success and well-being.
Here are some essential keys to make creative visualization work for you:
- Make a regular time to do it each day and stick to a routine.
- Get into a calm, meditative state first – just after waking up in the morning is a good time.
- Choose one specific area to focus on during your visualization. e.g. Healing of the body or an emotional trauma, success in business, a happy relationship or prosperity.
- Bring all of your senses into your visualisation – sight, smell, hearing, taste, touch – but you can focus on whatever sense is dominant or comes easiest for your imagination. For many people the sense of sight is the dominant one and easiest to visualise in, but adding other senses enhances the effects.
- Use as much emotion as you can – really imagine what it would feel like when you achieve the desired result. Emotion is the language that the subconscious listens to. If you really want to program yourself to achieve you dreams then you have to reprogram the subconscious mind.
- Make the visualisation as if it is happening right now in the present moment, not at some future time. Then it will more real and much more powerful.
- Use repetition of positive affirmations, in the present tense. Some examples from Louise Hay are: “I am grateful for my healthy body.”, “I deserve the best and I accept it now. All my needs and desires are met before I even ask.”, “Nourishing myself is a joyful experience and I am worth the time spent on my healing.”, “I love every cell of my body.”
- Be grateful for your healing or success as if it has already come about.
Later I will talk about some excellent guided visualization programs. When combined with brainwave entrainment, which some programs do, creative visualization is taken to a whole new level.